A blog devoted to RANTS ON AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN, car reviews, and - above all - fugly autos. whether looking for vehicular plagiarism or rides of extreme tastelessness, you've come to the right place.


Sunday, September 05, 2010

Pontiac G6 GXP



I thought for sure I had posted this previously, hence the reference in my last post. However, this car came out while my site was in limbo. Since it's one of the ugliest cars ever to be sold new from the dealer, I guess I had assumed I posted it when it came out.

The GXP was Pontiac's attempt at an inhouse tuner car, available as a coupe or a sedan. The result, at least in style, was trying way too hard - not unlike aging washed up celebrities going overboard with the plastic surgery. The main offender - other than the card table of a spoiler available along with hood scoops on the "Street Edition" - was it's enlongated grille that gave the car a Bugs Bunny buck-toothed grin.

No comments: