A blog devoted to RANTS ON AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN, car reviews, and - above all - fugly autos. whether looking for vehicular plagiarism or rides of extreme tastelessness, you've come to the right place.


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Anliker SLR




Behold the Anliker SLR. I'm not sure who this Anliker guy/company is, but a quick google search appears to show that he likes bright red things with gold on them. This poor SLR - aside from appearing to live it's life indoors on display - makes my retinas burn. It would by fugly without the colour scheme, but with it it's so much worse. And that interior - it's probably the only car in existance where you'd have to wear sunglasses inside at all times to prevent permanent eye damage. I don' think I've ever seen a red so bright. Also note the butterface model standing next to the car (who looks really happy to be there I might add). I'm thinking they hired her to make the car look good by comparison.

This red and gold disaster can also be found in Dubai. I sense a trend of bad taste...

No comments: