A blog devoted to RANTS ON AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN, car reviews, and - above all - fugly autos. whether looking for vehicular plagiarism or rides of extreme tastelessness, you've come to the right place.


Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Mini Coupe Recoup


I thought I had posted this before, but I guess not. I wasn't overwhelmingly impressed by the Mini Cooper Coupe. For one I thought it should have been named the Mini Couper. But overall I thought the roof was overstylized and that otherwise stock looking rear end looked to abrupt and boxy. Below is my interpretation of a better looking version. My goal was to unclutter the roofline and change the tailights to something more unique and less tall to help visually reduce the height of the rear end. Plus I added a bit of extra scalloping between the taillights. Yeah - the taillights look a bit upset, and it has less visibility out the side windows, but you get the idea.

No comments: